Nurse Practitioner Full Time 12-HOUR Day Shift
The Silvercrest Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation, proud member of the New York Presbyterian Regional Hospital Network, is a 320 bed skilled nursing located in Briarwood, Queens. We are a unique center of excellence dedicated to providing services to complex acute residents on ventilators, subacute/post-acute care services and impertinent Hospice long term residents.
Silvercrest features New York State’s largest, nationally recognized and award winning respiratory/ventilator dependent care program. We don’t just talk about healthcare excellence, we practice it. You could be a vital part of our cutting edge environment, where we take pride in our outstanding reputation for innovative programs
The ideal candidate will perform direct patient care under the supervision of a physician and will provide direction to other professional personnel such as RNs in the provision of direct patient care.
- Excellent interpersonal and patient service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Performs medical services as part of the emergency response team
- Responsible for routine orders and progress notes as indicated.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic tests, i.e., x-rays, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests Obtains and reviews patient histories, performs physical exams and record physical findings in patient’s electronic chart to develop comprehensive medical status, diagnosis and clinical treatment plans
- Educate patients and/or families regarding disease process, medical intervention and health promotion.
- Document patient teaching and patient discharge summaries.
- Refers and communicates pertinent abnormalities to the physician/medical specialist.
- Performs therapeutic and minor surgical procedures, such as injections, immunizations, suturing, SubQ foreign body removal, simple foreign body removal of the eye/cornea, and burn care
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic treatments and health maintenance to ensure best possible outcomes.
To qualify you must be a Licensed Nurse Practitioner in the state of New York, BLS & ACLS Certified.
Gerontology Track Preferred.
Reasonable Case Load.
Please e-mail resume to email@example.com
(no phone calls please). EOE