NYMDA Fall Annual Education Meeting & Board Meeting will be held online on Wednesday, Nov 11, 2020 from 9a – 3pm.
Download the full program guide by clicking HERE.
The New York Medical Director’s Annual Fall Educational Meeting will be held on Wednesday, November 11, 2020 from 9:00 AM – 1:00PM. Learning objectives of the program are listed below. AMA PRA Category 1 credits will be awarded for attendees. The registration fee includes all course materials and CME credit. Cancellations will be refunded less a $25 service charge (and any additonal event brite fees) and must be made prior to 7 days prior to the meeting. No refunds will be granted after that date.
NYMDA Membership meeting will be held from 1pm – 2pm
NYMDA Board of Director’s meeting will be held from 2pm – 3pm
- List practices for APRNs that have changed in the last decade
- Describe ways collaborative practice can reduce adverse events during care transitions
- Describe the timeline and course of NYS’s COVID-19 experience as related to PA/LTC facilities with special emphasis on SNF mortalities
- Describe the testing options for COVID-19 available to nursing homes with a focus on point-of-care testing, antigen tests and molecular tests
- Discuss the phenomena of asymptomatic carrier spread of COVID-19 into skilled nursing facilities
Click HERE to register via eventbrite with credit card by November 10 at noon. Eventbrite processing fees apply. Cancellation allowed up to 7 days prior to the event, however eventbrite processing fees are not refundable. The webinar login information will be sent to those registered within the 48 hours prior to the event starting.
The New York Medical Director’s Association (NYMDA) is offering free registration to qualified Geriatric Fellows or Internal Medicine/Family Practice Residents to attend the Fall 2020 educational meeting.
Eligible applicants should submit a brief letter or e-mail of interest to include current training site, expected date of completion and future plans.
Interested applicants should apply by e-mail or via land mail to:
- NYMDA Scholarship Division
- c/o Irving Gomolin MD CMD FACP
- Chief, Division of Geriatric Medicine
- NYU Winthrop Hospital
- 222 Station Plaza North, Suite 518
- Mineola NY 11501