The New York Medical Directors Association, the professional association of Medical Directors, Attending Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants and others practicing in the long term care continuum, is dedicated to excellence in patient care and provides education, advocacy, information, and professional development to promote the delivery of quality long term care medicine. We are a state chapter of the national organization AMDA (American Medical Directors Association).
Our purpose is as follows:
- To promote excellence in medical care and to improve the quality of life in residential health care facilities.
- To promote peer education and consultation among Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants and others caring for residents in residential health care facilities.
- To disseminate information in long-term care medical administration and practice by convening educational seminars and workshops.
- To make recommendations to governmental agencies responsible for regulations and surveillance of medical care in residential health care facilities.
- To promote an alliance with administrators and operators of residential health care facilities in matters affecting resident care policies.
- To improve and enhance the public image of physicians and others practicing in residential health care facilities.
- To encourage physicians and others to practice in long-term care.
- To establish liaison with State and County medical societies and other appropriate organizations to gain their cooperation in achieving mutual interests.
- To serve as a chapter of the American Medical Directors Association.
Subscribe to our mailing list: